Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

Battery run down. Installed new battery. Car won't go into

Customer Question

Battery run down. Installed new battery. Car won't go into lock. Parking is locked. Radio works. No power windows will go up. Keys won't come out of the ignition. Towed truck home. Front wheels locked and won't turn. 2007 GMC Acadia.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

first, lets try something simple,,

Remove both battery cables from the battery, touch and hold both the - and the + cables together for 5 seconds, then re-install them back to the battery

let me know if this fixed the problem,

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nothing happened.

ok..please stand by..someone will be right with you

Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 3 months ago.

This issue will need to be diagnosed using a scanner at the dealership or repair facility, what may have occurred is when the battery went down the low voltage erased the programming. First step will be to attempt reprogramming. It is possible the battery went down because of an internal failure in the PCM, and it may have to be replaced in order to achieve reprogramming. This is best left to a professional with a good scanner to communicate with computer. Please accept my answer, if you have any further questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Why does the radio and fan from heating work. Then the door windows won't roll up. Power controlled and interior lights or exterior lights not work. It is a new battery installed and still can't get key out of ignition.

Programming for these items is stored in the BCM of which only a scanner can diagnose,