Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service &Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

2013 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB Z71 I HAVE THE FOLLOWING FAILURE

Customer Question

2013 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB Z71
I HAVE THE FOLLOWING FAILURE CODES
B0052
B0022-04
B0015
B2440
B2435
B0228P0621
P0113
C0267
C0561DO THESE FAILURE CODES PREVENT AIRBAGS FROM DEPLOYING
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

Was truck involved in a crash & what was replaced if any ?

how did these B codes come up suddenly all together?

The P codes are engine codes

The c codes are abs /suspension fault codes , ? you have to many listed , we have to agree and what you would like to fix yourself and narrow down for me

or you just need more info and these other codes ,?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad

1- yes they will not let the air bag deploy ,to clear them this have to happens :

Conditions for Clearing the DTC * The condition for setting the DTC no longer exists. * A history DTC will clear once 100 fault-free ignition cycles have occurred.

that means sever components have to be replaced including anew airbag module , i need more info on what has been done to be more accurate for you

2-

DTC B0015 01 - Driver Seat Belt Retractor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Short to Battery DTC B0015 02 - Driver Seat Belt Retractor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Short to Ground DTC B0015 04 - Driver Seat Belt Retractor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Open Circuit DTC B0015 0D - Driver Seat Belt Retractor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Resistance Above Threshold DTC B0015 0E - Driver Seat Belt Retractor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Resistance Below Threshold

DTC B0022 01 - Passenger Seat Belt Retractor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Short to Battery DTC B0022 02 - Passenger Seat Belt Retractor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Short to Ground DTC B0022 04 - Passenger Seat Belt Retractor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Open Circuit DTC B0022 0D - Passenger Seat Belt Retractor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Resistance Above Threshold DTC B0022 0E

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
All these codes was recorded on crash box of my truck, in sever front/ side impact and 2nd hit from rear --- I'm wanting to know more so the B codes as I think thats error codes as to why airbags didn't deploy. GM says airbags wasn't designed to deploy for this accident, even though I was thrown throughout truck and severed mutiple injuries.

ok i see now no problem ,few question if you dont mind me asking

1- was the truck bought brand new or used ?

2- how many miles on it

3- was it involved in prior wreck that you know off , and have you pulled a carfax ?

4- was the seat belt re tractor ignited and pulled the seat belt lock in st time accident , it should be locked now since these codes were recorded

because the only codes for the air bag is the b0015 to b0052

now the b0052 code i posted the description of it below

DTC Descriptors DTC B0052 00 - Deployment Commanded Circuit/System Description The inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) contains a device that converts vehicle velocity changes into an electrical signal. The SDM compares this electrical signal to a value stored in memory. When the generated signal exceeds the stored value, the SDM performs additional signal processing and compares the generated signals to values stored in memory. When two of the generated signals exceed the stored values, the SDM will cause current to flow through the deployment loops, deploying the air bags and/or pretensioners causing DTC B0052 to set.

NOW that B code (B0052) shows that the SDM module sensed the event and should have deployed the airbag AND/OR Pre Tensioner , you can read that yourself I highlihted for you, in your case The pre tensioner deployed not the air bag , i guess that depends on how the car was hit and when these will deploy , that involves manfactuer designs etc... above my pay grade ,

But probably that will be the argument of why the air bag itself was not deployed and the pretensioner did instead .

now did that code exit before etc... that i dont know about, all i can tell what the B0052 means and you can make your own decision because it requires way more info to confirm what happened in the crash, but i do see your point of View

Please let me know if you need anything else on it

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back And Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have.

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
B0052 means what ?

it means the SDM deployed the air bag / or the pre tension er and it did , the pre tension er lock on seat belt in your case was deployed because the fault code for pre tensioner is there the B0015 code

so the system worked based on the b0052 description that i sent you earlier .it sensed the crash and deployed the seat belt lock and not the air bag because it tells us , it will deploy either or .( air bag or pretensioner )

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok your questions yes I'm only and orginal owner, 105,000 miles never a accident until this one... One ton truck pulling 40 camper hit me in front bumper and passenger front panel doing 67 mile and hour. Throwing me in windshield... Left door panel, and the passenger door panel, and airbags don't deploy?

ii believe the way you got hit front bumper and side ways on door did not make the air bag deploy , i believe the impact in front has to register certain force to deploy air bag and that is sensed thru the front airbag sensor on front frame and there is one in rear .

I m just the messenger now:) , but that is how it works , i agree with you it should have deployed because it sounds like it was a violent hit if it threw you around inside the cab and you hit the windshield , were you wearing seat belt , did the seat belt locked and kept in your seat it should have if you had it one unless that failed .

Chad

I would take a all the pictures and report you have and take it to a lawyer that handles cases like that and he will tell you if you have a case

if you planning on filing law suit against GM at least he will tell you if it is possible .

Chad

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
wasn't hit in door, they hit me bumper and wheel/fender -- knocking wheel off, crushing fender and 1/4 of the bumper folded under.

I see , that is the best I can tell you of how the system works, so why the air bag did not deploy because of this accident , I can not tell you

GM will have to answer that unfortunately .

sorry i meant fender earlier , Not the door .