Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Both of my my heated seats and the rear hvac controls stop

Customer Question

Both of my my heated seats and the rear hvac controls stop working on my 2000 yukon. I have checked all of the fuses and they all are good. Can these two different issues be related?
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have check fuses and the relays
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Most likely these issues are not related. This is going to take some electrical diag to figure out using the links below. Can you do electrical diag?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/heaeds.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/acy.pdf

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Moose,
Thanks for the diagrams... I've purchased my Yukon new and one day I noticed that the rear hvac wasn't working. Upon further review, I noticed that the heated seats were not working either. After checking fuses, switches, and relays, I gave up. That said, the diagram, you sent me depicted fuse IGN 3. My vehicle did not have a fuse in that shot. Not sure why a fuse would go missing but I replaced it and it blew. I am pretty good with electronic trouble shooting; but getting in behind things without breaking items is a completely different story. The IGN 3 fuse feeds both control systems. She page 2 of the heated seat. See page 6 of the Hvac. I'm not sure if it needs any other. No, I want to isolate the systems by disconnecting one at at a time. Where is the auxiliary blower motor resistor relay assembly located. I assume the solid state devices are the switches on the doors. How do I remove these things without tearing up everything?

To isolate IGN3 unplug the heated seat switch., rear HVAC control in rear center console, rear temp and mode door actuators also in the console.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris