Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics

I have a 2012 traverse LS and it will not start it turns

Customer Question

I have a 2012 traverse LS and it will not start it turns over though
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: it turns over
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: haven't did anything yet was going to go get some starting fluid
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it turns over but won't start
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The most common cause for this fault here is usually a weak/faulty fuel pump needing replaced.If you have not had the fuel pressure tested this needs done with the correct test equipment to see if the pump has failed needing replaced.I have had to replace several pumps before in the past for this issue here.If you need the info on how to test this let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete