virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 13 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop

Extremely hot air coming from driver side and cold air is

Customer Question

Extremely hot air coming from driver side and cold air is still coming out of the passenger side. It is a 2004 GMC Yukon. I replaced the climate control module and have tried every reset I could find on the internet. Very frustrating
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: No leaks. Coolant was checked atast oil change. I can turn the truck off and back on and it will be cold for 10 to 15 minutes then all of a sudden it gets extremely hot again
JA: What is the model of your '04 GM?
Customer: Yukon
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed temp control module
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I've tried every reset situation I could find on the internet
Category: GMC
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So the problem wasn't your module, it's actually the drivers side blend door actuator is bad. You have a text book example of it too. The very symptoms that the actuator does.It's a pretty easy fix. Just replace the actuator and you will be good to go.Let me know if you have any questions.Thanks
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Do you still need help? Did my information help? Would you mind rating my help?
Please let me know if you still need help.