AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

I have a 2005 yukon. The front ac blower motor stopped

Customer Question

I have a 2005 yukon. The front ac blower motor stopped working. I think i found the issue but not how to resolve it. There are 5 wires that go into the connector head (coupler) for the resistor attached to the blower fan. The purple/white which controls the signal works, but I get no reading on my meter from the red (battery) wire. I think the relays under the hood are good. I'm stuck now
Category: GMC
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 3 months ago.

There is a recall for the blower resistor on your truck. If you'd like, I can provide you with a copy of that recall

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I already bought a new resistor, no problem. I can put it together myself. The issue I'm having is that the red wire (battery) has no power, at least my meter doesnt register any. The other wire (signal) works, so I think the issue originates from wherever the red wire originates. That's what I'm trying to figure out. But I can not find any wiring diagram or info on it

Ok. These are for manual hvac. If you have automatic, let me know.

SCHEMATICS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yep. I have automatic

Sorry, I just noticed there is a TSB for your control module. I have attached it below.

TSB

Did the schematics show you what you were looking for or do you still need help?