Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Just need to know the color of maf and iat sensors on my

Customer Question

Just need to know the color of maf and iat sensors on my 2014 Sierra 1500 sle
JA: Does the engine stall right after starting? And what about hesitation or jerking during acceleration?
Customer: No just I installed a surge chips me a innovative chip the surge is for the iat and innovative if for the maf
JA: What is the model of your '14 GMC?
Customer: 4x4 Sierra sle 5.3 ltr 4door
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Myself and they are alr ADT installed but I think not correctly tho
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I also got o2 sensor chips installed too and getting codes one my diagnostics screen
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

HI,

IAT sensor signal wire is white with dark blue stripe - pin 1

Ground wire is black with white stripe - pin 7

MAF sensor signal wire is light green with white stripe - pin 6

I have attached full connector pinout with all wire colors and what they are for

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.

At this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so.Thank you.