Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Ex fluid said 75 miles till speed reduction to 65 mph. Put a

Customer Question

Ex fluid said 75 miles till speed reduction to 65 mph. Put a jug in no reset, bought another jug put 1/2 in filled. Still on , now says 7 miles to speed reduction. Closest gmc 50 miles away .
JA: Just to clarify, which fluid are you talking about? And what color and consistency is it?
Customer: Def exhaust fluid
JA: What is the model/year of your GMC?
Customer: 2014 gmc, Denali HD 2500
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, turn on switch wait 2 minutes then start let run and drive for 20 miles. Pull key let set overnight, the turn on key let run drive another 20 miles.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It is time to service pickup
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

What tools do you have at your disposal for diagnosing? This looks to be a faulty DEF tank level sensor to blame here. If you are stranded a reset may work and get you down the road a little farther to a repair facility. To do a reset you disconnect the auxiliary batter then disconnect the primary battery. On the primary you hold the cables together for one minute then reconnect both batteries 30 minutes later.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
On the primary battery hold the cables together for 1 minute ,,,,???hold what together

Remove the battery cables and hold them together so the negative and positive are touching to discharge all electronics.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris