virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 13 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop

2009 GMC Acadia is over charging just started that and the

Customer Question

2009 GMC Acadia is over charging just started that and the alternator was replaced about 6 months ago and the battery about two years ago,it will start fine but when you press on the accerator it kills the dash lights and goes crazy.Any help would be helpful.
Category: GMC
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So if it's over charging the voltage regulator in the alternator has gone bad. Even tho it's fairly new it needs to be replaced. And if the battery is going bad it can ruin the regulator so have it checked as well.Let me know if you have any questions.Thanks
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.

do you still need help with this? please let me know.