Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics

The interior lights will not go off even after truck is off.

Customer Question

The interior lights will not go off even after truck is off. They don't go off when I press them either, it's a GMC Yukon 2011
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model of your '11 GM?
Customer: Yukon XL
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I turned the dome lifght to dim and pushed in the dome light button. The GMC Service is closed tonught and If I leave the problem my battery will be dead
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My lights are off now so I do not need any help
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What can cause this type of fault here is a short in the interior light wiring keeping the lights on needing traced from each light to see if a short is found or a fault with the BCM (body control module) as this control module controls the lights and can cause this issue here.The BCM is a common component that can short out internally needing replaced.

This will have to be tested further to see if this is the BCM,shorted wiring or possibly the dimmer switch shorted needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete