Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.

I would like to put a 2nd fuel tank where the spare tire is

Customer Question

I would like to put a 2nd fuel tank where the spare tire is on my 1997 GMC savanna 1500. Is there a tank or will I have to have one fabricated?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 2 months ago.

Titan is the company that makes all the spare tire well fuel tanks you can buy premade. They only list a tank for 2001 and newer GMC, I would call them and check to be sure. If Titan cant help check with Aerotanks, they can custom build anything you might need on a custom basis. From there I would also look at fuel cell type tanks, race cars use this type of tank. These are the safest type of tank in a crash. Jegs on the internet is a great source for fuel cells

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I checked Aerotanks and they don't make one for my van but do state they fabricate. I will check with Jegs. thanks for your info. a bit brief for what I wanted though.