sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Working on 08 Acadia, AC button and Recirculation button

Customer Question

Working on 08 Acadia, AC button and Recirculation button flashes 3 times and shuts off. Evacuated Freon and changed transducer as High Pressure was climbing to 350 when powering up compressor, ordered condenser to see if this alleviates the problem. Checked again to test circuit and there is no power to the compressor. It has a ground, so will start looking at the schematics today to see what other sensors power the compressor. Any ideas or past fixes?
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consistent on AC Compressor circuit.
JA: What year is your Acadia?
Customer: 2008, its not mine, I am a mechanic at AC shop.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked Freon lines for leaks, hoses, expansion valve, compressor seals, condenser lines. Freon levels are good and can't find any evidence of leaks.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I ordered a relay for the compressor to try as I got an trouble code on the relay. Will try it this afternoon and see if the code comes back.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Check all the temp sensors with a scan tool. There are 4 vent interior temp sensors and one interior cabin temp sensor. There is also one ambient temp sensor. If one of these if bad it will set a code which causes the light to blink when the ac is pressed.

Please reply to this if you need more help. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

ASE Master Technician

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay ran AC test with computer, indicates head pressire out of range plus on total system scan got P053200 and P064500, P053200.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

A/C system low or over charge with refrigerant
- Faulty A/C refrigerant pressure sensor
- Cooling fans in-operative
- A/C refrigerant pressure sensor circuit open or shorted
- A/C refrigerant pressure sensor circuit poor electrical connection

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay, back probed the three wires to the transducer and have no power. Had ground on two of the wires and nothing on one wire. Fuses are good and transducer is new. I was looking at the schematic and it looks like the ECM powers and receives signal from the transducer. When I put the new transducer in, the fans started working on high, so this is an improvement, but no power to the compressor. The wiring harness is hard to follow from either above or below when on the rack. However, I pulled the loom away from the plug to the transducer and found no bare spots or exposed wire. Do I need to disconnect the battery and check the pins on the ECM?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Have you checked the live data of the evap and vent and cabin temp sensors?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Evap Sensor is 84F and all other sensor are giving the same readings-84F
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

I am going to opt out I am not going to be able to help out more without being there. Maybe another expert will be able to help out on this. Please do not reply to this as it will lock this back to me and others will not be able to view it. Thanks.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
back probed grey, tan, and red/black wire for continuity and 5 volt reference from ECM to the transducer. Had 5 volts on grey and continuity, it was good. Next checked tan wire, continuity was goid, but almost nonexistent voltage. Red\Black wire no continuity and no voltage. Still get low voltage code at pressure sensor and code won't clear, also get high pressure on live data stream.

The orange/black wire has no continuity to the engine controller?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No continuity on orange\black at ECM. Temperature cooling fans were working before when key is on and HVAC set to auto. Now they don't work when power is turned on. Checked relays with tester and they all passed.

If there is no continuity then there is an open circuit in that wire, the lack of pressure signal at the ECM is preventing compressor engagement. The wire will either need to be replaced or the damage found and repaired.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was thinking about running a jumper from the ecm to the transducer to test it, just ran out of day.

If a new wire is ran you'll want to cut the original at both ends to take it out of the circuit in case it is now or becomes shorted to ground in the future.