Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.

Trying to pass emissions test. 2002 gmc sonoma 4WD V6 SLS.

Customer Question

Trying to pass emissions test. 2002 gmc sonoma 4WD V6 SLS. emissions test says #6 misfire. EVAP Ctrl System Malf. First thing through my mind- electrical- plugs, wires, distributor cap/rotor button (if there is one), coil, or coil pack. And maybe a breather hose or something disconnected. Also there is an aluminum box under the hood on the left fender- I guess it's part of the anti-lock brake system. There are 5 lines coming out of the box. There is a 6th one that stops shot of the box and is not hooked to anything. Is that supposed to be there or did someone leave it after putting in a new line? The "antilock brake" light is on but emissions guy said that won't make me fail the test.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP