Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra and the left rear blinker stopped

Customer Question

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra and the left rear blinker stopped working along with the interior door lights and now my radio is saying service rear vision system
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

We are only permitted to help diagnose and fix one issue per question. On this one which would you like me to help with? Since your a subscription customer your allowed to open as many new questions as needed and there is no additional fee for paying each expert to help you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
2014 GMC Sierra the left rear blinker and my interior door light stopped working
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I checked the fuses, cleaned the ground and reset the computer

Connector 5 pin 1 yellow/blue wire at the BCM is the output voltage for the left rear turn lamp. We need to check the voltage there to see if this is a wire or BCM failure. With the truck on does the instrument cluster show door ajar with a door open and can the overhead courtesy lights be turned on manually?

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The cluster does not show the door is open when it is closed, when it's open it says open and when closed it says closed, I can't turn on the over head lights at all it doent matter what I do, how can I locate the yellow/blue wire on the 5 pin BCM??

Here is an image of connector X5 on the BCM.

Remove the front left or right overhead lamp and switch assembly. With a door open are any of the wires powered? Wit hthe lights manually commanded on are there any wires powered? Is the blcak wire a good ground?