Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

2003 Gmc sierra, scan code read out as follows: Po 332 Mil

Customer Question

2003 Gmc sierra, scan code read out as follows:
Po 332
Mil on
Monitors
0 inc
7 ready
Misfire
Fuel
Comp
Catlyst
Evap
02 snsr
02 htr.
That is exactly how it reads off the scan tool. Truck ran fine all day, in the afternoon I was pulling out into traffic, truck stuttered slightly, when I pulled out it lost power, was making popping sounds, check engine started flashing, tried to pull over to a safe spot, truck continued to lose power until i coasted to a stall. All happened in a matter of 10 minutes, from running fine, to a slight stutter, then missing and no power, then dead. It will start right up, idle fine for a couple minutes, then shuts off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 4 months ago.

Hi there.

There are literally dozens of different aftermarket scan tools and most of them don't display data like the OEM Tech-II. So far, I was able to understand that code P0332 is current and the MIL is on - no clue on the other items as no data is indicated.

P0332 sets when an engine noise is detected by the knock sensor (KS), or there is a problem with the sensor or its connection or wiring. First step is to check for engine noises. If there are noises, then the KS is doing what it's supposed to do, which is alert you of those engine noises. In that's the case, whatever the cause of the noise must be repaired or the KS will keep setting the code.

If there are no engine noises, then the code has set because of either a faulty sensor or connection or wiring. You'll need a Tech-II or equivalent scan tool to diagnose this issue.

Best Regards.