Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

My 2011 Buick Enclave was in a collision in November 2012. I

Customer Question

My 2011 Buick Enclave was in a collision in November 2012. I was told that there was only structural damage which was repaired and paid for by the insurance of the motorist who hit me. Last Friday in heavy interstate traffic my car suddenly stalled. The dash message indicated reduced engine power. I was able to get the car to the right shoulder of the road and it stopped and would not re-start. I had the car towed to Barkley Buick GMC in Tuscaloosa, AL. The mechanic is now telling me that I have a fuel tank problem that was likely caused in the 2011 collision. The mechanic has discussed the problem with the insurance company of the driver who collided with my car in 2012. Today I received a call from that insurance company telling me that they will not likely pay the repair cost because it has been almost 4 years since the collision. I was also told that other factors such as fast braking and keeping low gasoline levels could have caused the current problem. I do not recall any fast braking incident. And I usually fill the tank when it reaches the 1/2 mark. I need more supporting information regarding this residual fuel tank problem.
Category: GMC
Expert:  xsvectOR replied 4 months ago.

is it the tank or the pump?