david craig
david craig,
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive

2004 envoy. A/C problem getting worse. 3-4 years when I

Customer Question

2004 envoy. A/C problem getting worse. For last 3-4 years when I would go run 4-5 quick errands, the ac was strong and cold the first couple of stores/stops but after the 4th-5th store the ac was not blowing cold air. Next day first trip anywhere and ac was cold again. Have had freon levels checked and hi/ low side valves replaced ( just in case leaking ) now days can only make one trip with cold air in and out of first store, get in envoy for second stop and cold air is completely gone, but next day or a lot of hours later..... Get cold air again on first drive??????? What is going bad that I can change out?
Category: GMC
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im Dave, lets try this first: You must relearn your actuator to blow hot or cold correctly. Turn on your A/C to the highest blower setting and let it run 5 minutes, then dial up the heat leaving the blower in highest position for five minutes. this should resent your actuator to correctly blow hot or cold. ..that's one way to fix it.

have you tried this procedure?