Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GCM master tech over 25 years
19513769

My truck won't turn on and I can't get the key out, Park, 04

Customer Question

My truck won't turn on and I can't get the key out
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Park
JA: What is the model/year of your GMC?
Customer: 04 envoy
JA: What year is your GMC?
Customer: 04
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We just got home no problems went to go out again n heard a click like noise n then nothing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The remote won't work lights won't come on locks won't work
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GMC Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

are both battery cables clean and tight at the battery ? will it start up or the key come out with a jump start connected too the battery ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The key won't come out
Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

when these systems loose battery power the key will not come out due to the key release solenoid needs full battery power for it to work and release the key

99 % of these the battery is bad or the connections at the battery are not clean and tight causing this issue

bot***** *****ne is there is no voltage for anything to operate

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

how are you making out ?