Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

We have a 2014 GMC Sierra Diesel pickup; On the DIC, I

Customer Question

Hi.....we have a 2014 GMC Sierra Diesel pickup; On the DIC, I observed a low exhaust fluid msg; I have added about 5 gals to the reservoir, however the message is still on the DIC. How do I reset that?
JA: What size is your engine?
Customer: Sorry.....I do not have a clue.....where would I find that?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I added the fluid, and then turned the engine on and let it run for almost a minute and the message was still displayed. That is all I have done.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: did say I would loose spend in 76 miles or so; I have not driven it since that message;
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GMC Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

There is a TSB for this concern. The steps to follow are outlined in this file.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out. We have 7 days to get a post rated or it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris