Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GMC N.A.I.S.E. Certified Auto-Mechanic
20625509

I have a 2007 gmc envoy which recently had its fuel pump

Customer Question

I have a 2007 gmc envoy which recently had its fuel pump replaced. Since then there was an issue of it being low on gas and parked downhill when it wouldn't start. Filled it up, no problem. Now I'm experiencing occasional, but increasing, instances of its not wanting to start on first crank (sounds like its struggling). Turn ignition off and restart with no problem. Runs like a top once started. Any thoughts?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

Can you hear the fuel pump run each time when you first turn the key to run, for about 10 seconds the fuel pump should run, before you turn the key to start. If sometimes the fuel pump doesn't run, you may have a problem in the fuel pump circuit. Wiggle the fuel pump relay and feel if it's loose in the socket. If not, try a new relay.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

Did a new relay fix it?