Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

2007 GMC Yukon Denali Radio sound stopped working this

Customer Question

2007 GMC Yukon Denali
Radio sound stopped working this morning (the backup assist cut off also) I checked the amp fuse and it was blown. I witched another fuse of the same amp to test and see if it worked. I started the car and it worked. Later I got in to got get some new fuses and less then a 1/4 mile into the trip the fuse blew again. I went ahead to the parts store to get a few fuses and changed them out. Before I left the parking lot it had blown.
Please advise
Category: GMC
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

There is a short in the amplifier causing the fuse to blow. Unplug the amp, and replace the fuse. If the fuse blows, then the problem is in the wiring harness or somewhere else.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Please use the rating system at the top of the screen and it would be greatly appreciated. Hope I was able to help you.