Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 1997 GMC Sierra 1500 2WD 5.7L Ext. Cab with 3rd

Customer Question

I have a 1997 GMC Sierra 1500 2WD 5.7L Ext. Cab with 3rd door on passenger side. I live on a dirt road and the passenger/3rd door combination seems loose. It makes a lot of noise. Been like this a long time. Any suggestions?
JA: How would you describe the sound? Does it happen more when you're braking? Shifting gears?
Customer: It has nothing to do with the rest of the vehicle. It rattles whenever the vehicle is moving over a bumpy surface. If I reach over and pull on the passenger door handle it stops.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I tried adjusting the pin on the 3rd door where the passenger door attaches. No luck. From what I've seen in some online forums, a lot of people have had this problem.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The truck has never been in an accident.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Sorry for the delay. I believe I can help on this concern. Do you still want or need help?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I fixed it.

Glad you got it resolved. Do you have another concern I could help with since you have already been charged for this question?