Kavey
Kavey, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have a 1 96 GMC Sonoma and i have a 02 chevy s10 and im

Customer Question

i have a 1
96 GMC Sonoma and i have a 02 chevy s10 and im wondering if the dash will interchange
Category: GMC
Expert:  Kavey replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

No there are many differences here. Ive done this swap and let me tell you it isnt worth it. Lots of customizing and head scratching.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
but i have eveything already could i ask what i may need if i can
Expert:  Kavey replied 5 months ago.

A lot of time.

Transfer over everything but the shell from one to the other and then figure out a way to mount it. None of the bolt holes (or at least many of them) are not in the same spot so you have to either weld nuts to the cab where your bolts screw in or something to hold all the bolts. Or I guess you could use self tapping screws or something but I would worry about rattles and squeaks. Your wiring harness is all different. I believe there was something with the shifter. I cant remember for sure its been 5 or 6 years since I did it but I know I wouldnt do it again.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
wow man sorry i asked
Expert:  Kavey replied 5 months ago.

Better to ask and know what youre getting in to than dive in head first with no plan to get out of it like I did.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
u seem like u are a mean kind of guy have a nice day
Expert:  Kavey replied 5 months ago.

I dont understand. I havent been mean to you. I was just giving you the information you requested.