Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Databases

2001 gmc Sonoma 2.2 vin 5 getting po120 tps, replaced twice

Customer Question

Category: GMC
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** is your vin number? Are you sure that is the code you are getting? Can you check again? Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will have to get vin for you, and I am sure of code, I have scanner, 120 or 122, tps with low voltage I have cleared it.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Ok, it is probably P0122. The common things to cause this code is TPS and TPS connector so I'd start by checking resistance on wiring between TPS and PCM. If any of the wires have over 5 ohms resistance then check for problems or run new wires. Here is a wiring diagram to help with testing, let me know if you run into questions. Thanks.