edhunt0r
edhunt0r, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM B Tech ASE Certified Master Tech ASE Certified Master Medium/Heavy Truck Technician New Jersey
15093763

I have a 2010 gmc 4 cylinder awd. it got t by lightning. I

Customer Question

hi there I have a 2010 gmc 4 cylinder awd. it got hit by lightning. I took it to the gmc dealership to get diagnosed/ every module / computer is fried. not sure from the top of my head exactly which ones. however car doesn't start and I ordered all the modules from the wreckers. so please can you send me a diagram of where all the computers modules are in the car. like every single one. thank you. so I can know where it is and start changing it now
Category: GMC
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Hopefully you have insurance and they will pay for this incident, and I strongly advice against wrecking yard modules. they are NOT protected from the elements, they get wet and they are also not guaranteed because they are electrical parts. What if they were hit by lightning too. Lastly, all those modules need to be programmed with a factory scan tool. Sorry i had to tell you this, but it's all true and one heck of a gamble.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
they were off a good car that have never been damaged or wet before...I also have a scan tool. I just need to know where every computer is in the car so I don't waste time and take stuff out for no reason. so please let me know asap
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****.
I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Did you check with your Auto Insurance company to see if it is covered?

Can you give me your VIN# so I can get the proper information?

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no auto insurance I bought it from the insurance company. I'm a rebuilder...
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 9 months ago.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2CTFLCEW8A6305274
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 9 months ago.

OK.

Give me some time to get the proper location's to upload the files for you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
how long
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 9 months ago.

I went by the VIN# ***** it looks to be about 13 different modules. I can only upload 2-3 files at a time so let me know if you get them all.

1) Body Control Module

In the left front of the passenger compartment, at the lower left of the instrument panel

2) Electronic Brake Control Module

Left rear of the engine compartment, below the underhood fuse block

3) Engine Control Module

At the left front of the engine compartment, in front of the underhood fuse block, above the battery

4) Fuel Pump Control Module

In the left rear corner of the passenger compartment, behind the trim panel

5) HVAC Control Module

In the front of the passenger compartment, in the center of the instrument panel, behind the HVAC and radio controls

6) Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module

In the front center of the passenger compartment, below the center console, on the floor pan under the shift lever

7) Power Steering Control Module
LAF
In the right rear of the engine compartment, inboard and behind the right front wheel

8) Rear Differential Clutch Control Module
F46
Under the rear of the vehicle, behind and to the right of the rear axle

9) Transmission Control Module

In the left side of the engine compartment, inside the transmission

10) Telematics Communication Interface Control Module
UE1
In the front center of the passenger compartment, in the center of the instrument panel

11) Passenger Presence Detection Module

In the right front of the passenger compartment, below the passenger seat cushion cover

12) Active Noise Cancellation Module
VQN
In the front of the passenger compartment, center of the instrument panel, near the center speaker

13) Blower Motor Control Module

In the right front of the passenger compartment, below the instrument panel, on the bottom of the blower unit

Expert:  edhunt0r replied 9 months ago.

Engine Control Module

Fuel Pump Control Module

HVAC Control Module

Expert:  edhunt0r replied 9 months ago.

Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module

Body Control Module

Passenger Presence Detection Module

Expert:  edhunt0r replied 9 months ago.

Power Steering Control Module

Rear Differential Clutch Control Module

Telematics Communication Interface Control Module

Expert:  edhunt0r replied 9 months ago.

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.
If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.

Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!
Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Expert:  edhunt0r replied 9 months ago.

Let me know if you were able to get all the files I sent and if you need anymore.

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.

Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.

Thank You

***** *****

Expert:  edhunt0r replied 9 months ago.

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question. If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.

Thank You

***** *****

Expert:  edhunt0r replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. I provided you with an answer but you never rated my service.

You may not understand how the website works. Even though you have been charged by the website the website does not pay me my portion of the charge until you rate my service or reply back to me to let me know that you are satisfied with my help.

Please take a moment to rate my service or reply back to me.

Your business is very valuable to us.

Thank You

***** *****