Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics

I have a 2007 Yukon Denali XL and I am having all kinds of

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Yukon Denali XL and I am having all kinds of electrical problems. First i was the warning lights for the tire monitor and the stabilitrac would come on. THe speed was restricted when the stabilitrac warning would come on. But, if i would turn the car off for a while the lights would go off.
Then we were on a trip a month ago and our fuel pump quit when i was exiting the highway. I had a dealership in Hattesburg MS put in a new fuel pump. One week later on our way home we exit the highway and the same thing happens. Luckily i got the car to start after five minutes of sitting.
Mechanic at home was trying to search for an electrical problem and ended up putting in a new box that held all the fuses/sensors under the hood. He said the box was warped and falling apart and we hoped that was the problem.
Nope, today the stabilitrac and tire monitor lights cam on again. Went off after i parked for an hour.
I have had one other person who told me they had the exact problem with fuel pump and replaced theirs only to learn they had a sensor/switch problem., THere seems to be multiple electrical problems here though.
Oh, one other thing i think could be related... I feel like the transmission does not shift properly sometimes. When coming to a stop and accelerating it can shift pretty rough. Doesnt seem right....
Well... any ideas my mechanic has not come up with??
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

These may be separate issues here.

If the fuel pump is still dying out even after it was replaced I would check the black ground wire from the pump where it bolts to the frame and see if it is loose or corroded needing cleaned or replaced as this can cause this fault here.

As for the stabilitrak and tire monitor light this may be a faulty wheel speed sensor sending an incorrect signal on what speeds one of the wheels is rotating at.This can cut back on vehicle power when this occurs.This needs checked reading the sensor values while driving the vehicle to see if one needs replaced.

The issue with the transmission is usually a faulty with debris build up in the valve body needing a transmission flush done to correct this or an issue with the valve body itself in some cases needing replaced.

I would have these checked into further here to see if any are found to be at fault needing repaired/replaced for this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete