Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics

2009 Gmc Yukon Xl, flex fuel, 5.3... Bose amp system.

Customer Question

2009 Gmc Yukon Xl, flex fuel, 5.3... Bose amp system. Problem is number 41 fuse, it's a 30 amp fuse protects the bose amp circuit keeps blowing. I have taken the fuse box loose and blew any dirt and debris out. The radio, door chimes, turn signals etc all worked for about 5 mins. Then once it blew again would not work again
I changed the amp with a new one. The system worked until I started the truck. The fuse blew again and has blown 3 more since.
Please help.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like a short in the wiring leading from the fuse to the amp itself.I have seen pinched,damaged and corroded wires cause this type of fault here needing repaired or replaced.I would trace and inspect the wiring to where it runs and leads to for any issues and repair any found to be at fault.If this was already done let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete