Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  have owned a repair shop for 25 years

Instrument panel half the wires have no continuity, I have

Customer Question

instrument panel half the wires have no continuity
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: I have checked all the fuses and I don't have a diagram
JA: What is the model/year of your GMC?
Customer: Not sure how to track down each wire.... 2003 Chevy Suburba
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am hoping to fix myself. single mom of 3... lost my job 2 weeks ago... looking interviewing everywhere.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I have checked all my fuses ... i have check to voltage of the wires with a continuity tester ... I don't know I feel like ive done everything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GMC Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

Ok, can I get the vin number to see if I have the wiring schematics for your vehicle

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

Ok, can you tell me which color wires dont have power while I am checking for the wiring schematic

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
A3 Black and white wire (low washer)
A4 Dark Green - (Speed)
A8 Dark Green white - trans shift
B4 Orange (Dic Mode)
B5 Dark Blue Dic toggle
B6 Dark Green white (Dic Switch)
B11 Orange (Battery positive volt)I'm guessing on the placements and what each color is used for...But the color of wire is what is not producing voltage
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry but I will need to opt out and see if another expert can help as my software program is locked up and not opening for me.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

i have the diagrams you need.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help