Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

2003 envoy lift gate will not open, would like to fix it

Customer Question

2003 envoy lift gate will not open
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: would like to fix it myself, but do not know how to manually open the gate
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: on the driver side panel when you press to lock makes buzzing sound in front and gate also.
JA: How would you describe the sound? Does it happen more when you're braking? Shifting gears?
Customer: sound is like buzzzz and only makes when you initially shift to drive or is you try to manually activate to locks.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE master tech, glad to help on this.

Sounds like you have a bad lock actuatosr in the gate, and in the drivers door. You would need to replace them to get the buzz sound to go away, this should also correct the gate not being able to open. You would need to pull the door and gate panels to replace the actuators.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help.

Thanks Dan