Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2001 gmc sierra 1500, Aloud noise at idle or low speed that

Customer Question

2001 gmc sierra 1500, Aloud noise at idle or low speed that sounds like air brakes releasing. An air blast or two then nothing. I do not have air brakes and the runs fine
JA: If your brakes make any unusual sounds, it's good to look into it right away. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 125,000 the brakes work good and i have had many years with large and small trucks. If I had air brakes I would think i had a bad moisture seperator.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing as i am looking for a direction to persue
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: its a good truck and drives well
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

What liter engine do you have?

Does this occur with the climate control off?

Is the noise coming from under the hood?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
4.8 litre v-8
a/c on
I hear the sound from the drivers seat with the window open. The sound seems to come from underneath the truck amidship

Based on your reply I get the feeling it only occurs when the AC is being used, but it will not occur with the climate control off?

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris