edhunt0r
edhunt0r, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM B Tech ASE Certified Master Tech ASE Certified Master Medium/Heavy Truck Technician New Jersey
15093763

I have a 2016 gmc Denali HD 2500. I bought the new led c

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2016 gmc Denali HD 2500. I bought the new led c shaped headlights from a 2016 gmc Sierra Denali 1500 and want to install them into my truck. I pulled my headlights out and they have a seven harness connector and the new headlights have an eight pin connector. I was wondering if you could help me with both diagrams for both trucks so I can wire them correctly.
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think the eighth wire has something to do with turning the c shaped drl off when the blinker is applied in daytime to allow other drivers to see the amber turn signal more clearly but I'm not sure. I have metered the wire on the headlight side and there is no positive or negative voltage coming back from the headlight so I'm kind of stuck. Everything else worked fine except the drl does not turn off when blinker is applied during daytime.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have seen this happen on a few 2016 gmc Sierra I've seen on the road.
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 5 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****.
I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Can you give me your VIN# ***** I can get the proper information for your vehicle?

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1gt12ue8xgf127110
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 5 months ago.

Here are both wiring diagrams for Light Duty and Heavy Duty.

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.
If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.

Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!
Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Expert:  edhunt0r replied 5 months ago.

More diagrams

Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think I figured it out. The headlamp out of control signal is the one my truck is missing. Can you tell me what type of voltage runs through this signal or what type of resistance it needs to kill the parking lamps when the turn signal is applied.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I meant headlamp outage signal on the light-duty pickup diagram.
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 5 months ago.

I will have to research that some. I think that is a signal to the BCM that signals if the light is out.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is it a certain amount of resistance or a positive or negative voltage? If so it seems as I might be able to replicate it with relays, resistors etc. When the turn signal is applied.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have u researched it yet?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.