Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. former shop owner/ manager
2947720

I have a 2007 Yukon Denali with a liftgate that will no

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Yukon Denali with a liftgate that will no longer latch to stay shut - what could the problem be?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GMC. The GMC Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The power liftgate will not latch shut
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing really... I'm not sure where to begin if it's an electrical issue or a mechanical issue
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GMC Mechanic should know about your GMC?
Customer: I don't believe so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GMC Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Has the power liftgate calibration been done on it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've not done any service to the lift gate in the 3 years we've owned it. I did, however, remove the power lift gate motor and push rod from the side as if had gone out. So we operated the door manually
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

I see, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

That would have to be in the latch, if it just stopped latching and has been used as a manual gate for some time now.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
that's the case. Would it be a mechanical or electrical problem with the latch?
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

Normally we get paid for the original answer(s) before any follow ups, but yes that is most likely a mechanical issue within the latch, thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions for the latch in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,