Amedee
Amedee, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE Technician advanced level specialist
279429

Have a 1994 4.3 sierra pickup up step side. was trying to

Customer Question

have a 1994 4.3 sierra pickup up step side. was trying to get clock to work and checked fuses. not sure what happened because it would not start. so we got a new fuel pump still would not start, replaced the coil and the idle sensor. still will not start. took off injector assembly and blew it out. has a throttle bottle. still will not start. if you pour gas in throttle body it will start but will not stay running
Category: GMC
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Since the engine runs on starting fluid, we know this is just a fuel delivery issue. You are either missing fuel pressure or injector pulse. Have you checked fuel pressure using a fuel pressure gauge? Do you hear the fuel pump coming on when cranking or when turning the key on? Have you checked for power to the fuel pump?

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

If the fuel pump is not getting power, then check the in line fuel pump 20 amp fuse an the fuel pump relay and inputs. If the injectors are not getting power, be sure to check the INJ 10 amp fuse. I am going to get some sleep but I will leave you with a wiring diagram of the fuel injectors and fuel pump circuit. This will help you pinpoint the root cause. I will be on line first thing in the morning. Have a great night!

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Good morning! Did you get a chance to check these fuses and power going to the fuel pump and injectors? I do work all day today so I wont be on line until late tonight after work. I will be looking forward to your reply!