sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have multiple codes showing up u1000, u1064, and u1016 I'm

Customer Question

I have multiple codes showing up u1000, u1064, and u1016 I'm hoping they are all just one issue if you have any information that could help me figure it out that would be greatly appreciated
JA: Do you happen to have a code reader or scan tool? What size is your engine?
Customer: I believe it is a 4.2 liter v6 and it is a 06 gmc envoy
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if it is possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing other than got it scanned to see what codes are reading because of the check engine light being on and I need to get it inspected soon
JA: Is there anything else the GM Mechanic should be aware of about your GM?
Customer: like?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

These are all bus communication codes but unfortunately in this form don't point to what modules are not communicating. The U106 and 1064 should have had three more digits n the end which would point to what module was not communicating at the time the code set. The modules all communicate with each other over a wired network, these codes all set when communication with a module is attempted but does not happen. This could be a failure in a module, a wiring issue, or a loss of power or ground to a module.

Are you having any symptoms?