sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

D if my 2007 GMC Sierra classic key won't turn now : I

Customer Question

D if my 2007 GMC Sierra classic key won't turn now
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: I parked it
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Don't know about the wheel lock feature the car is in park it deems the steering wheel turns freely does not lock
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Absolutely because if there's no way to fix it nice I'm getting the impact wrench and I'll fix it another day
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: iby and I really don't want to try the ignition thing out of turn it over what I've done that to both my Vans when I got the same
JA: Is there anything else the GMC Mechanic should be aware of about your GMC?
Customer: It has a 6 & a half inch lift kits are getting the freaking wheels off the ground isn't easy but I went down and jacked it up to take pressure off of the wheels
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GMC Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: ng the wheels turn freely but the lock cylinder will still not turn
Category: GMC
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Odds are you have a stuck tumbler on the lock cylinder. You may be able to get it to break loose at least temporarily.

Spray some penetrating oil directly into the lock cylinder. Insert the key and run it in and out quickly a few times, repeat the whole process a couple times.

Then fully insert the key and give it a few sharp taps on the end. This may knock the stuck tumbler loose temporarily.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm about to be unkind but you're about ten hours too late. All the info I just received from you that I'm supposed to pay $32 for I could reach you on the internet which I already tried and failed at

I responded to your question nine hours ago but maybe you hadn't seen my post.

I'm glad you got the problem repaired.