rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 2009 sierra 1500 lse. the left signal wont work nor

Customer Question

i have a 2009 sierra 1500 lse. the left signal wont work nor left stop light, i have checked all fuses and bulbs,whats the problem
Category: GMC
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go.

The turn signal switch is the most likely cause of this, NOT working in tat one position.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
checked the turn signal switch that didnt fix the problem, any other suggestions?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

The wiring from the switch to the signals would be next.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Also check any connectors for a bad contact including corrosion or even breaks in the wiring from chewing through like from a mouse or squirrel.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.