K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive technology. 15+ years in the automotive field

I have a 1992 gmc typhoon and required a turn signal . The

Customer Question

I have a 1992 gmc typhoon and required a turn signal flasher. The PN is a Grote 44760. The gm dealer provided me with a replacement flasher PN 0944 2872. The turn signal now flashes twice as fast as before. All lamps are working including side markers. None of the GM dealer mechanics have a fix for it. The parts person double checked the PN to be sure it was correct. Can you help?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 4 months ago.

The resistance on the circuit is less than expected so its fast flashing to warn you of a bulb out, verify all of your bulbs are good and that you are using factory ones and not LEDs or anything like that. If nothing there and there isn't a different part you can grab a rheostat from radioshack, like a volume switch, hook it inline of a bulb and with the blinker on vary the resistance until it blinks normal speed, once its normal speed use an ohm meter to measure the resistance of the rheostat than you can jump online and order a inline resistor of that value and install one in each side.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
As I indicated in my initial question, all 4 lamps on each side (side markers front and rear) are flashing the same as when the original flasher was working. In other words 4 incandescent lamps per side are flashing; none are burnt out. Is there another flasher unit other than 0944 2872 that will work?
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 4 months ago.

Hello, there were two flasher options for this model depending on if it had digital dash or not.

Non digital dash is ACDELCO 19209674

Digital dash is ACDELCO(###) ###-####/p>

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. Follow up questions concerning this are always free, even after rating or accepting. Thanks!