mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

Not an issue, want to add factory fog lights to 2016 gmc

Customer Question

not an issue, want to add factory fog lights to 2016 gmc acadia sle-2
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: simply, add factory fog lights to 2016 gmc acadia sle-2
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: duh
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i have purchased fog lights and new headlamp switch with fog light setting, looking for part number for wiring harness that is not present on my vehicle, also, what other parts do i need to complete this task - other than a Tech 2 programmer to set the BCM for fog lights present?
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent yet I would check with a local GM dealer to see if they sell a retro fit kit for your year and model to add these lights.On some models they sell a retro fit kit for installations like this here.

If they do not I would see if they can pull up the parts needed with complete part numbers.If this is not an option for you or was already tried let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have purchased the factory fog light assemblies, the factory head light switch with fog light option.......I noticed the wiring is not present to connect fog lights. Ivsm wanting the wiring harness part number for 2016 Acacia SLT which supports fog light installation. Also need GM part number for punting screws for fog light assemblies to fog light trim.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately I do not have the part numbers for this here myself but someone else here may be able to help with this further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  mike switzer replied 5 months ago.

pete is correct the only people that would have access to this information for those parts is the dealership parts department. the information is seperated from people who would work in the service department.