Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics

I have 2009 GMC Sierrra SLT w/ UQA (Bose), UE1 (OnStar), UPF

Customer Question

I have 2009 GMC Sierrra SLT w/ UQA (Bose), UE1 (OnStar), UPF (BlueTooth), UQ3 (steering Wheel Controls), added UVC (Camera), added USR (USB) and have Radio US9 (6 disc). I do not have U42 (rear Entertainment.I Installed a Factory GM 2014 Navigation Radio. I followed all procedures, Installed All factory parts and harnesses, VSS, GPS Antenna, VCIM Voice wiring harness. Everything works great. It plays DVD while not moving, it listens to my voice commands for nav, radio, etc.I have a printout of a 2009 GMC Sierra SLT RPO's all is Identicle to mine except RPO US9 is replaced with UVB.When I download navigation instructions from OnStar I still get my vehicles Voice Turn By Turn navigation.Can I have UVB programmed into the vehicle and gain OnStar ability to view navigation instructions on the screen?
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
U3U Would be the NON-rear seat entertainment / DVD playback option. However, I want mine to still play the DVD's. Not sure if programming BCM with UVB vs. U3U would create any changes in My radios programming. I'm guessing not. U3U may be the proper option to program BCM.
My radio is PN: 23180744.GM Accessory Navigation Radio Install Instructions are PN: 19153971 I CANNOT FIND THESE INSTRUCTIONS ANYWHERE. I have a photo of the instructions and part number number. I'm Sure there is programming instructions inside this manual.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. A dealer will have to plug in their computer into your vehicle to see if they can change the option codes when programming the radio/nav system and possibly the body control computer to see if this will work here.Usually a dealer will have an option to select different RPO codes when programming.I would check and see if a dealer is able to do this here.They will usually charge around an hours labor to check and perform this in most cases. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Pete,Thank you for taking on my question. This subject seems to be very taboo with GM and associated dealerships. My dealer and I cannot find the instructions in SI or anywhere. The closest we are on even finding these instructions is either ordering a $2300+ GM Accessory Dealer Installed Navigation Kit (2007-2209 PN: 19169886) (2010-2012 PN:22791907) Even searching the instructions PN or Document ID returns no results... The next closest thing we have fount is document ID:(###) ###-####which simply directs the technician to contact Partech for "Missing Instructions Including those not found in SI".With the availability of these Dealer Installed Accessory Navigation Radios, it is very strange that not one technician out there in continent can answer whether or not they have done an install, or can verify if it requires a simple RPO programming change at the end of install.All I simply want to know is if in these directions, per a dealer installed kit, there are steps to either change the RPO programming to get the proper programming in your vehicle, or not.I have looked up vehicles by VIN that are very, very, close to mine, and the only difference in RPO is the U3U and XM with Nav Traffic UBS. I do not need to change anything regarding XM.After all this research and searching forums and asking around, not one technician can answer if there is programming required. Some confuse programming the actual radio, my radio is programmed, works great.It just seems it should be simple to get a "Yes" vehicle requires an RPO programming update, or "No" there is no instructions at this time for updating your vehicle at the end of installation.Thanks for your time.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete