mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Envoy denali 06 p0449 replaced the purge solenoid how do i

Customer Question

Envoy denali 06 p0449 replaced the purge solenoid how do i reset the code,also if it is not that wher is the vent valve located
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Envoy denali 06 p0449 replaced the purge solenoid how do i reset the code,also if it is not that wher is the vent valve located
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced the the evap purge solenoid,now I either need to reset the light or its the ventvalve
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GMC Mechanic should know about your GMC?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GMC Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
a local autoparts store can reset the code for you for free. the system will also shut the code off if it runs a certain number of cycles without seeing a fault. which solenoid did you replace? the one on the engine?