Ron Z.
Ron Z., - GMC Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & GMC Diagnostics/Repair

Where is starter on 05 Gmc Envoy Denali 4x4 JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

Where is starter on 05 Gmc Envoy Denali 4x4
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GMC. The GMC Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Put new battery in & have power to everything, when turn key to start it sounds like a relay switch flips and then nothing. No indication of problems leading up to now.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Is there anything else the GMC Mechanic should be aware of about your GMC?
Customer: 5.3, 4x4, loaded, 135000 miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GMC Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.
The starter is located on the lower, passenger's side, rear of the engine. To gain the clearance you'll need to remove the starter, the rear steering gear crossmember will first need to be removed. The repair manual procedure is fairly detailed. I can provide that for you in a Premium Services Offer. If you need the repair manual procedure, please accept the offer. If you do not, please remember to leave a rating for this Q&A.