Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the Automotive repair business.

I have gmc 2015 2500 water salvege i change every things

Customer Question

Hi i have gmc 2015 2500 water salvege i change every things inside the capen wiring computers also i chqnge engine and gearbox and transfercase
Now the all elactracal is working will only problem i have losee commcation with vady control u0140 and brake contral
How many computer i have to fix if i need to start the engine as my ecprance i think pcm tcm bcm and key compyter wich fit on syareeing is there any more ???
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The code U0140 indicates you have lost Communication With Body Control Module. Can you explain what type of problem you are having, have you had the key programmed to this truck. Post back with complete information and as many details as you have and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hu thanxxThe problem now the car no have kranking and most of the time this code is camingThis car i change all wiring and compyters undrdash also i cangr the. Engine and wirings out side with compyters pcmAll computers i buy it scand hand from same scraid from accudent car so it spost to work with out key programming cos the old key i buy it alsoI need to now how any compyeters i have to contact to make the engine work also if i can get the wiring digrsms it will help me more
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
The code you getting indicates you are not communicating with the BCM. Did you also install the instrument cluster from the host truck?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No i fit the orgnal of my car
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
The cluster needs to communicate with the BCM and if you did not change it out then I would do so.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok just can you told me how many compyesyers i have to contact to comuncat the bcm and ecu to make the car starting
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I mean i f i need to start the car i have to contactEcu tcm bcm claster ...,, what circit ???
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Something is getting lost in communication here and I am not able to under stand you. I will open the post back up for you and perhaps someone else can help.