chevygeorge
chevygeorge, ASE master tech
Experience:  GM Technician for over 25 years
93784238

GM yukon: power lift gate on my 2007 Yukon denali wont ope

Customer Question

power lift gate on my 2007 Yukon denali wont operate.
Category: GMC
Expert:  chevygeorge replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm here to assist you. What exactly is your power lift gate doing? Does it attempt to open?
Do you have access to a scan tool? Are there any body system codes?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When I push the button to open it unlocks the latch, but does not open, however I can lift up the gate. I took the vehicle to the gmc dealer and he indicated that the lift gate assembly was not working, and I need to have the motor replaced, part #(###) ###-####Just need to get the sequence of disassembly. Thanks
Just a moment while I pull up the procedure.
I having issues sending an attachment. It says "attachment filename contains invalid characters. I t was working fine earlier, so I assume it must be a site issue.
I'll get them to you as soon as I work out this issue.
Trying this a different way.http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/05/21/step1/http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/05/21/step2/http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/05/21/step3/
Please take the time to rate my positively, or let me know how I can earn a positive rating. If you have any follow up questions, feel free to ask. George
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The information you gave me is rather vague, When I read what I need to do it refers me to a GM procedures which I do not have. Your copies of the rear panels and what I need to look and compare are rather small, very hard to read . I am not happy with what you sent me.
I was having issues sending pdf's from the house last night, I had to try a new way to send. You can download the full size document from the link. I will need to send approximately 12 documents to cover each step in detail, such as a simple garnish trim removal. Those are straight from GM. Alldata does not list the procedure. I did see where after replacement, it will need to be programmed to work properly.