Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.

I just bought a gmc 2500 hd two weeks ago. When we went to

Customer Question

I just bought a gmc 2500 hd two weeks ago. When we went to test drive it the battery was dead so they jumped it and it was fine. A week later I went to start it and the air was blowing then turning off. It was fine about 5 minutes later. Yesterday my fiancé went to turn it on and it won't crank. no click, just dead
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, hoping it's a quick fix
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: We are trying to jump it right now
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GMC Mechanic should know about your GMC?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GMC Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  chevygeorge replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm here to assist you. What Year model are we working with?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2012 Sierra 2500hd
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've got a document here describing the parasitic draw test necessary to determine if you have a battery drain. I've also come across and bulletin relating to an OnStar module issue.