Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

GM Acadia: I have a 2009 GMC Acadia - purchased a year ago.

Customer Question

I have a 2009 GMC Acadia - purchased a year ago. I am having a problem with the radio. When I first bought it - everything worked fine - Nav system, radio (XM radio), DVD player, etc. But recently (a few mon ths ago), the Nav system disc started spinning alot and I had an error message (something like "Map Disc error"). So I asked the dealer to take a look at it while they were servicing my car (oil change), and their answer was I needed a new disc. So I purchased the new disc from the website they suggested ($170) and followed instructions to install it. I started the engine, inserted the disc (removed old one), and then kept engine running way longer than 10 minutes. I was driving while the disc was installing (said something about uploading) After about 10 minutes, the screen went black and the following appeared: bunch of chinese letters...then "Set original CD-ROM". Radio is still audible, but nothing appears on screen and nothing changes that. I cannot use touch-screen buttons at all - and buttons on the side of the radio don't work (except for seek buttons - which still change the radio station). Dealer is telling me we need a new radio - which will be about $2500 new or $1400 for a trade/refurb one. :(
Category: GMC
Expert:  Kavey replied 10 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Assuming the new disc is the right one and "good" your dealer is correct. The radio itself will need replaced. I am not seeing an actual question here though. Is that what you were wanting answered or did you have another question?