Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.

I have a 2008 GMC Acadia we just purchased. The check engine

Customer Question

I have a 2008 GMC Acadia we just purchased. The check engine light came on and I have codes 341, 344, and 366. I changed out the cam position solenoid for bank one and still had the codes so I changed out the intake bank 1 cam sensor which was broken and I'm still getting the codes. It seems to start a little hard and seems under powered at times
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with this type of thing. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Depending if I don't have to pull the engine yes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: I did notice that the cam sensor was broken. The tip looked like it have been snapped off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  FIX IT MAN replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** you tell me if you cleared the codes after replacing the parts? If so, how long after that did the check engine light come back on?