Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

Drove to Lowe's yesterday and I went in to purchase a window..

Customer Question

Drove to Lowe's yesterday and I went in to purchase a window.. I guess I was in the store about 30 minutes. By the way my truck is 08 with H&S tuner was running great until now. Also as I went into the store I locked truck with a remote key fob. Hit it twice till the horn honked. I pulled the batteries and took them home and charged them. I returned to the scene and still no luck. HELP!!!!
JA: Dealing with a malfunctioning key fob can be frustrating and really inconvenient -- the mechanics will have somegood ideas about what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Recharged battery. Checked fuses and tried to jumpstart
JA: Is there anything else the GMC Mechanic should be aware of about your GMC?
Customer: It's a Chevrolet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GMC Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. I logged on a couple of hours ago and helped all my customers whom had replied. Now I can help new to me customers that no one else has helped yet. Its been a long wait on your end. Do you still need assistance?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes
Great, you have an 08 Chevy. What model and what engine?Now the vehicle will not crank, or start, or nothing has power?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You charged me 27.00 to tell me that I can call you for 26.00 more? You have got to be kidding me. You haven't even attempted to tell me what's wrong with my vehicle. This is a shame that you have to get money by deceit. Good luck to you.
I did not send a phone call offer, the website you and I are working through sent that to you.Sorry you could not respond with more info on your vehicle.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Vehicle is fixed. It was a wire that runs down to the transmission by the starter it was pinched between tranny lines and oil pan.it shorted out the ignition j case fuse under hood.