Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.

My dad Yukon is saying low oil pressure. N there a ticking

Customer Question

My dad Yukon is saying low oil pressure. N there a ticking in the engine
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Ok we went on a mini road trip from eureka can to Salem Oregon. In eureka I checked the oil cuz I know my dad never usually checks it. So I checked it n it was to the second hole out of the five holes on the dipstick so I put 1/2 quart in yesterday. We made it up to Salem n we were driving home I pulled over in grants pass for a restroom break and the Yukon was running rough so I turned the Yukon off for a couple mins turned it back in n the Yukon was beeping like I didn't have my seatbelt on but we all had our seat belt on doors closed I looked at the cluster n the msg said low oil pressure. I looked at the oil gauged it the needle is pointed to 0. So I check the oil I kinda looked over filled but when I put the 1/2 quart in yesterday it was only filled to the fourth hole. So I was trying to drive to an auto parts store to get their opinion, I drove approximately 7-9 mins before I pulled over because I rolled the window down n I heard the engine ticking echoing off buildings.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Hopefully.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GMC Mechanic should know about your GMC?
Customer: There this a noise coming from behind the the wall below the stereo deck. Sounds like a light putting.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GMC Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 5 months ago.
Hello Im Chris and I can assist you
Have you checked the oil?
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 5 months ago.
Hello.Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming.I'm ***** *****. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.I see the other Expert Opted out.Can you give me your VIN# ***** I can see if there are any Service Bulletins?Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****