Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics

All power to the driver door controls do not work,

Customer Question

hello - all power to the driver door controls do not work, including the seat heat control...this happens occasionally along with the radio staying on when the key is removed and the door open
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: sometime i can undo and reconnect the battery to fix, sometimes not
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i am , yes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: 2008 GMC Acadia, I unplug the control at the door connection and it poured out water, I am guessing there is a short somewhere
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you had water in the connection this can be due to the windshield leaking water into the wiring or connections or an issue with the sun roof leaking water into wiring.The wiring needs checked and any corroded or damaged connectors cleaned and the terminals replaced as they usually corrode in the connectors.The leak also needs located to see if this is a drain issue from the sun roof or an issue with the windshield leaking needing resealed. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete