Toolhut
Toolhut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

How can one test the FICM on a LB7 duramax ? I am having

Customer Question

How can one test the FICM on a LB7 duramax ? I am having trouble with the injector output circuits on cylinders 3 and 6. I put a new injector in 3 and the injector output circuit code showed up yet again and then on cylinder 6 as well. I think it may be the FICM wiring or the FICM.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Toolhut replied 11 months ago.
Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.What is year make model of your truck?Did you use a scan tool to set injector flow rates after installation?What codes are you getting?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2004 GMC C4500. I don't know how to set the flow rates on the Solus pro. The codes I am getting are P1229 and P1238.
Expert:  Toolhut replied 11 months ago.
Attached you will find a GM recommendation for a starting point with both of your codes. Your Solus likely will not set the injector flow rates. You will need to find a tech2 and you will need the information on the injector
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't recall any codes being on the injectors like Caterpillar or Detroit uses. Do you have schematics for the engine ? There are a lot of wires on the engine.
Expert:  Toolhut replied 11 months ago.
Apologies the flow rate needs to be programmed beginning 2006,
Expert:  Toolhut replied 11 months ago.
Due to copyright of repair info I am not allowed to share them with you. Easiest for you would be a subscription to acdelcotds.com SI information